vendredi 29 octobre 2010
not a productive week,cause of the strikes ,i don't receive anything so the box is still open.during this time, i've machined a new clutch lever, the old was rusty and not a good condition.i build this one in a bit of stainless 12 mm thickness, 17 mm large. not exactly the same but it's not really easy to do.
samedi 23 octobre 2010
well, i've received some spares so can i begin the rebuild. first step,extract the old bushes with a tap m22, then install the news and redrill the inner bush in the constant mesh gear. now i must adjust the clearance between the bushes and the mainshaft. same job with the inner cover, this one is OK now. at this time i'm waiting for some stainless spares (plunger housing) to put the shafts in the case, hope next week
jeudi 21 octobre 2010
i have asked Chris from Rossinante Mecanico to find me some brass unc screws .
this morning i've received a parcel with the screws and a beautiful calendar + some christmas cards.congratulations to the artist, the drawings are really nice.Chris have a Norton model7 of 1951,check his blog ,there's a lot of motorcycle art and old pics.thank's again my friend.
lundi 18 octobre 2010
vendredi 15 octobre 2010
after brainstorming ,i've decided to change the broken case in my gearbox.
fortunately Pete (EAT THE RICH UK) have a gearbox and sell it at a good price, thank's again mate . the broken zone will be visible and not really easy to repair properly.
this week ,i've received the box,strip it,clean it.i think i will make a mix ,Pete's case and my shafts.
this side of the prob is OK ,now i must order bearings and bushes and rebuild the box,not a problem now.i 've began to polished the case,unfinished at this time but i think not too bad
lundi 11 octobre 2010
jeudi 7 octobre 2010
today , i ' ve continued to check the box . i don't know who have dismantled this box before but there's a lot of craps , missing screws , dead spring . as i 've said before , bushes are out , i don't know how do the oil to stay in cases ........ at last, total rebuild , now i must listing all the bushes ,bearings , seals ,ect ,ect .
little progress on the frame , i 've installed a pair of alloy bearing cups that i 've machined before,that's the positive thing of the day .
mardi 5 octobre 2010
i began the dismantling of the box and the verdict is not too good .gears and shafts are OK ,but
case is broken , i hope it's possible to repair it with cold weld epoxy ,if not ......
kickstart spring is dead , bushes have excessive clearance , maybe must i rebuild all the box , not a good new