lundi 31 janvier 2011


or maybe must i say MAGDICENOW..........after some mishaps the spare(s) is finished, i've machined a new housing undrilled on the pics but in fact that's done, wires are OK . now i can reassembly it on the engine and do the settings


i thought finish the dynamo today but i 've drilled the last hole in wrong position ...... no comment, wires are in conflict with the brush bracket. no alternative, i must build another spare, my lathe is limit for this kind of situations

samedi 29 janvier 2011

DYNAMO part 2

some progress in the rebuilding of the dynamo , the body is painted, bearing are installed. i 'm working on the end of the spare, who don't have a good look. a few times ago, i bought a DICE triumph point cover to close the dynamo, now i've builded the spares, just some holes to do, it will be not too bad , i think.

jeudi 27 janvier 2011


well, not a bad day. i,ve received the bearings for the dynamo an do some progress for his metamorphosis and especially i',ve received my magneto from UK , thanks Chip.


some pics from Daytona speedway 2010 send by a friend, thanks Sim. i 'm still working on the dynamo, i've decided to do some modifications on this item and in fact it's more difficult than i was thinking. but the result will have a good look. stay tuned

lundi 24 janvier 2011


the last item is dismantled, today i've stripped the dynamo to check it . all seem correct exept the bearings who must be removed, strangely, the bearings are in metric size in a Lucas dynamo, in fact it will be more easy to find them. in the same time i've had some news of the magneto, the item is ready, maybe here in the end of this week.

dimanche 23 janvier 2011


as i've said before, my wheelbuilding was wrong. in fact i've followed the previous assembly, not a good idea, it was not good and impossible to have right spokes. i've asked for the prob and Arcadian give me the solution, outside spokes was inside and inside spokes was outside. today i've dismantled and reversed the spokes, now it seems better. i must install the fork now, to ended wheel settings

vendredi 21 janvier 2011


but still awesome. HIGH ROLLER from DESTINY CYCLES, if you like details......

jeudi 20 janvier 2011


i found this pic from mid nineties. times have changed, now my son is taller than me. the bike is a FXWG 85

mercredi 19 janvier 2011


to suit the brake pump, i've assembled the caliper to see the result. can' t wait to put the bike on wheels but it's not for tomorrow, at this time the magneto is in UK an d i 've a lot of f*****' little things unfinished everywhere.

lundi 17 janvier 2011


well, another little thing unfinished . the brake pump is ready and installed, there's enough space between the box an the engine to put the brake switch. next step will be the belt drive but before i must machine a tool to tighten the sprocket nut
cause this one is special too.

dimanche 16 janvier 2011


well , i've ended my others currents works today .i'm back on the beezer. i bought a pair of new brake linings for my front drum. it 's the moment to try an old tool recovered since maybe twenty years. that works perfectly, the rivets are cleans. just a little parralelism problem between the holes and the axe of the shoes but without consequence.

vendredi 14 janvier 2011


well, with levers and grips, i admit that's better, will fit


well, i've finished my handlebar, it's not my masterpiece but acceptable, during the weld i do a big crap on the bottom left angle , to hide the misery , i do a little bracket, welded on the bad zone. this one will serve for the mirror outside and for the magneto advance inside

mercredi 12 janvier 2011


a nice small lathe , similar size than mine but with a better look . this week i'm busy so the beezer is in stand by until i've finished my others works, friday ,i hope

lundi 10 janvier 2011


from SRM engineering UK. i've orderd a new sump filter with a magnetic drain plug in replacing of the genuine sump and an alloy rocker feed pipe more efficient for the oil ciculation(best dispach between exhaust and inlet rockers).the design of this one is very "modern",it's possible that i change the look of this one, will see

dimanche 9 janvier 2011


as i've said a few times ago, i wanted to build the handlebar in stainless steel. Phil gave me a bit of tube diameter 25 mm (to find 1 inch tube here is another story.......) but this tube has only 1,5 mm wall thickness, it's just but the bike is light and the handlebar is no too long . at first , to do cuts correctly is not easy then yesterday i was'nt a good welder. the job is done, but i'm not satisfied.
i hope it will be acceptable after polishing....

jeudi 6 janvier 2011


the end of the job, now the cone can't move, this time it's really finished.


actually i can't really goes on around the engine so i've decided to check the"rest of the bike" to see if all was under control. in fact , i've a lot of little things unfinished.......As i've said in a post sometimes ago i 've grinded the second flange in the rear hub cause no used, i've machined a cone but not his fixing. i must machine 2 little sockets to have no clearance between the hub and the cone, for fixing i re use the mofo holes in the hub.